This is the tentative home of Allium, the web application that drives
the new website of the
CCNY Department of Mathematics.
Allium is designed to achieve a number of goals:
- Provide a professional, uniform web presence for an academic
- Improve communications as well as the flow of information within a
- Help ensure that all information is up to date and accessible to
all users, including the blind and vision impaired.
- Minimize the workload of the webmaster by automating or
decentralizing most maintenance tasks.
- Most importantly, make web administration fun!
Eventually, you'll find documentation and marketing hype here. For
there time being, here are a few introductory documents:
- Allium was written by Peter
Brinkmann as an attempt to turn the drudgery of web administration
into a worthwhile endeavor.
- Several members of the CCNY Department of Mathematics gave feedback
that shaped the appearance and behavior of Allium.
- Allium is written in Ruby on
Rails. It is currently deployed on a server running Ubuntu
Server Edition 7.04. Software doesn't get any cooler than
- The current design of the CCNY Math page was derived from the OpenTech
template, publicly available at Open Web Design.